1. Take shorter showers: Taking shorter showers is a win-win. Not only does it help the environment by saving on the energy used to heat the water, it also helps you to get out the door faster in the morning.
2. Eat less animal protein: Meat production taxes the earth’s resources +++ and most Westerners eat more protein than is healthy for them. However, a healthy protein (lean meat, eggs, etc.) with every meal helps your ADHD brain function at its peak. So choose your protein carefully and where at all possible help the environment by choosing organic and locally produced meat.
3. Recycle: Recycling helps the environment as it reduces pollution, saves energy (less is used by using recycled products than new materials) and preserves natural resources.Recycling becomes a habit. Take it day by day. You might feel like that one water bottle won’t make a difference, but little steps make a big difference.
4. Buy products with the smallest amount of packaging: For example, when selecting fresh produce, such as, tomatoes choose the ones on display individually rather than pre-wrapped in packs. Purchase products that are sold in larger quantities or come in
5. Walk to work: Walking to work reduces pollution to the environment. Exercise, such as, brisk walking helps your ADHD by increasing focus and concentrate and also reduces depression. Walking to work is another win-win as it helps you to exercise first thing, have a productive day and help the earth. If you live too far to walk, cycling is another great idea.
These five ideas are a great way to get started being green. Good luck and let me know how you get along!
Enjoyed This Article?
Then lets keep in touch. Sign up for more ADHD articles like this one!