Did you know that fewer adults with ADHD to go to college than their non ADD peers? And those that DO attend have a lower graduation rate?
These are depressing stats. Particularly when ADDers are just as smart.
Not getting good grades in college is stressful and can lead to frustration anger and ultimately loss of confidence and self esteem.
There are very real physical reasons why studying is hard when you have ADHD. AND it has nothing to do with intelligence or lack of effort. ADHD affects how you’re the executive part of your brain functions (located in the frontal lobes) operate. This means as a student you have:
- Difficulty concentrating (in class and writing papers etc)
- Difficultly remembering information
- Poor concept of time. You might miss classes, or not know how long a task will take
- Difficulty with forward planning : managing your course load and preparing for exams difficult
- Lack of motivation for uninteresting tasks
- Difficultly getting started on tasks
Despite these very real problems ADHD students face, there are ways to manage these challenges so you can get the grades you deserve and graduate from university.
Join me as I explain the THREE best things you can do as a student so you get the grades you deserve on this complimentary teleclass.
Enter your name and email below and I’ll send you the details. And if you can’t make the call live, it’s okay. It will be recorded and I’ll send out the recording after the teleclass. That said, if can make it live, please do as I’ll be answering your questions on the call.
“How to Get Great Grades When you Have ADHD”
Wednesday 12th of September
* Please note upon registration you will also receive a complimentary subscription to Jacqueline’s Untapped Brilliance newsletter. We will not share, rent or sell your information to any other organization. Promise!
Adult ADHD Coach and Author